CITRISTRIP & POPPIES PLASTER PAINT

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Do you ever find pieces that have beautiful lines but wind up passing them by because they are covered with funky gunk & goo?

Here's a little secret, snatch those pieces up because they are normally priced very low and they really don't require too much extra effort to turn them into a gorgeous looking piece of furniture.

I use Citristrip for almost every project that has unwanted layers.

Be sure to follow all safety instructions when using this product.

We started with this two tone armoire.  One important thing that you cannot tell from this photograph is that the black paint is very textured.  And thick.


Definitely not something that I was going to be able to simply paint over.  Thank goodness for Citristrip.

With this armoire I wound up stripping the doors/drawers multiple times to actually cut through the thick paint.  It is somewhat time consuming but so worth it when you finally reach the end.

The client wanted this repainted in Poppies for her daughter.  Please forgive the cell phone pics but here is how it turned out.


New hardware.


I'm embarrassed to say that this next picture is the only picture I took of this finished before it was picked up. Ugh!


Super blurry I know but at least it has the bottom drawer in it!  I need a designated place for photos that has great light.  
(Note to self:  work on that)

The client couldn't decide if she wanted something painted on the doors or not and in the end she decided to leave them plain so I whipped up this little sign to go home with it.  


About an hour after it was picked up I received a text that they both happy & loved it.  Makes me happy too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs