DIY HEAVY DUTY FLAG HOLDER

Tuesday, September 9, 2014


Please excuse our porch decor -- its a work in progress right now between summer and fall.  What I really wanted to share is my super, heavy duty flag holder that Eddie made.

We've had these types of holders, multiple times and they always break.


Now we have this!


I've forgotten this outside now twice during some pretty windy thunderstorms and it held up -- I didn't even lose the flag!

What you need:

  • pipe flange (plumbing)
  • all thread nipple (plumbing)
  • 45 degree elbow (plumbing)
  • 6 or 8 inch nipple (plumbing)
  • wood screws
  • black spray paint

I love it!






We're waiting for the weather to cool off a bit so that we can re-stain all the cedar -- it's in desperate need of a drink after the summer heat.  However, we can mark one thing off of our porch "to-do" list.




Thanks for stopping by!  If you make one for yourself, we'd love to know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs